Thirty four years ago at 4:37 AM, Evil Chef Mom was unleashed onto the world and it never has been the same!
Ten April 10th facts:
1. It is normally the 100th day of the year except on leap year when it's the 101. I like the symmetry in that.
2. The first Arbor day was celebrated on April 10th in Nebraska 1874. I live in a town that's part of Tree City USA.
3. Titanic set sail on this day and we all know what happened.
4. The PGA was started April 10, 1916. I hate golf but my husband swears I'm good at it.
5. Cosimo di Giovanni de' Medici was born in 1389. Which is funny because my mom swore if I was a boy she was going to call me Cosmo because she didn't like the name my father was going to bestow on me.
6. John Madden was born in 1936. He's John Madden...enough said!
7. David Halberstram was born in 1934. He is one of my favorite authors.
8. The lady who sings that song... I'm walking on sunshine... yeah, her birthday's today.
9. The great poet Dante died on April 10th.
10. Sam Kinison also died on April 10th. I'm not sure if he's a great poet, but I do remember him as a great yeller.
Here's one to grow on...
On this day in 1947, Brooklyn Dodgers president Branch Rickey announced he had purchased the contract of Jackie Robinson from the Montreal Royals.
*I just found out Big Ben's (you know the clock in London) yeah, it's birthday is today also. He's a 150 years old. Cool Beans!